Variants on IOS Safari Browser not working

3 0 0

Dear all,

we've got some complaints from customers with IOS systems, that they can't change variants or colors on product page. I checked the problem, and I can confirm. Just if I delete the browser cache its working and I can change the variants. But just one time. If I load the start page again and navigate to product pages, I can't change the variants again. 

Is there any know solution for this issue?

Thanks, 

Chris

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2275 149 308

Hi Chris, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does sound very odd, it definitely seems like something is off somewhere. Would you be able to share a little more information on this, please? For example, could you share the product/s this is happening for and even share a link for the product page directly if you can. I just want to test it and see it on my end also. 

Also, is it all IOS systems, or specifically mobile/ tablet or laptop? I use a Mac IOS personally, so I just want to make sure when testing this, I am using the right device etc. Thank you for letting us know about clearing the cache and then testing it again also, that's something which can often fix something like this.

One last thing before I let you go. Just to make sure the latest updates for Safari have been completed. Shopify's help document for browser support requirements here mentions a theme's layout, browsing experience, and purchasing actions could be affected if the latest updates haven't been completed. 

Any other information you think might be useful would be great. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Nick,

thanks for your answer. Of course, here are the links. Please navigate first du the main page:

www.kosmimata.de

then use the link below. And try to change the variants (metal color). 

https://kosmimata.de/collections/halsketten-herren/products/double-cross-halskette-mit-zwei-kreuzanh...

with the Chrome browser it's working wthout any problem. just with Safari on desktop and mobile devices we got this issue. If you need any further information, please let me know. 

Thanks,Chris

0 Likes
3 0 0

Ah, if you delete you cache after navigated to the product page, and reload the page, the variants are working well. Until you close the browser and open the main page again and navigate to products...

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2275 149 308

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for sending the information over. I replicated it on Safari and do see what you mean as it is happening for me also. I think it's something our higher level technical support team will need to look into further to find out exactly what's going on. I will send you an email to the account your profile here is attached to, to verify some details and then take it from there if that's ok. 

Talk to you shortly, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there a fix for this problem regarding Safari variant errors? It's happening to my Safari customers right now. Has there been a fix for it? Thank you.

0 Likes