"Manage Private Apps" - Setting up API to update inventory and push orders to supplier

2 0 0

My supplier has a backend app that allows the private app I've created through Shopify's "manage private apps".  There, Shopify generates the API info (key, password, shared url, shared secret) and then I am able to input this into my supplier's back end app.  I have set the API permissions as follows:

Is this enough to push orders to my supplier?  Do I need a third party app like Syncee to update inventory and push orders or will this setup suffice? Or doesn't anyone know how to edit code to support updating inventory and pushing orders?

I have a CSV file that is downloadable from my supplier which is from a custom data feed.  Do I need to upload an XML file so the api can interact?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9420 9 1259

If this is for ONLY for inventory and orders you've given too many permissions. For example, why have you given read access to Draft Orders, or Articles (and other content)?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
2 0 0
I’m not worried about additional read access. I want to make sure the api us communicating and will update inventory and push orders based on the current setup I have described.
0 Likes