Editing a language on checkout section

HolmenDesign
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello!

I am trying to edit the language on my checkout page. I am using the Weglot translation app, but as I understand it, the checkout pages can not be edited in this app. I have edited the code (Locales, no.json) and most of it was fine, but I cant find where to edit a few last bits.

I have attached two screen shots here, where I have indicated what I can't edit with red ticks. I hope this makes sense...

It was not possible to use the theme language editor, as it doesn't support Norwegian. When I tried to enter the translations manually, it did not work. Can anybody help?

Best regards
Lene

1.png

  

https://www.holmendesign.com

0 Likes
Pacifierbling
Tourist
7 0 3

I have the same issue with weglot, infact I presumed it translated the checkout and only found out today, but it explains why my abandoned cart % is so high from Spanish-speaking countries.

HolmenDesign
Tourist
7 0 1

Exactly! I agree with you, and it looks very unprofessional. Weglot is saying that these areas needs to be edited directly in Shopify:

https://support.weglot.com/article/93-shopify---edition---how-to-edit-the-shopify-checkout-page-tran...

However, I cant edit it in "Edit language" mode, as it doesn't support Norwegian. In the "edit code" mode, I am able to edit most of it, but some areas (like the ones I indicated in the screenshots) are not in that same Locales folder. And I can't find them anywhere either...

Have you found a solution? Would love to hear, as nobody seems to know what to do about this problem...

0 Likes
Pacifierbling
Tourist
7 0 3

I have seen 2 posts like this saying that if you have no languages in admin then weglot will translate to the local language of the user at checkout...however it is not working for me 

Shopify - Edition - How to edit the Shopify checkout page translations? - Help Center (weglot.com)

HolmenDesign
Tourist
7 0 1

Me neither... then this may be a Weglot issue perhaps?

0 Likes