update

IMG_4661.jpg

0 Likes
coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 0 22

Hi @hardfire,

1. You cannot enable or disable certain products on the storefront as yet, however using shipping profiles you can restrict the shipping of certain products to different countries. If you have the help of a developer, you can also use the request.host liquid filter to control product availability and/or content on certain domains.
  2. No, subdomains do not have to be the ISO country code, however it is recommended for readability and SEO.
  3. Not yet. We are working on expanding our multi language capabilities to allow localization between countries/regions that share the same language but we don't have a timeline on this as yet.
Cole Atkinson | Product @ Shopify
0 Likes
John2021
3 0 0

Hi Cole,

Excellent thread, thanks for new features and info. 

For somebody looking to sell Print-on-Demand items from different suppliers to different regions (e.g supplier A only serves UK, supplier B only serves USA) what are the different ways that this could be set up?

Many Thanks

0 Likes
coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 0 22

Hey @John2021, thanks for jumping on and great question, thank you.

I'd suggest arranging your products for each supplier into their own collections. You can then show/hide collections and product based on which domain the user is browsing in one of two ways:

• Using a custom rule within the Locksmith app which shows/hides certain collections or products based on each domain i.e. on domain A only show collection A. Your custom rule would need to use the request.host liquid filter i.e. {% if request.host == 'website.fr' %} which would only allow someone to see that product/collection on a French domain.
  • Coding this into your theme using request.host yourself if you have developer resources or don't wish to use an app.

You can then use Shipping Profiles to only offer shipping on each product from each supplier to the relevant countries that they are offered.

Hope this helps.

Cole

0 Likes
John2021
3 0 0

Hi Cole,

Thank you, that is helpful and the app looks good.

I just have a couple more questions on this:

Can I set up a sub-domain for each different country: e.g france.mystore.com, USA.mystore.com and have a different product selection, using the app, on each store? Or do I need separate domains e.g mystore.fr, mystore.com etc..?

Do I need to have a separate Shopify account for each country (whether using sub-domains or separate) or could I have just one account with these different domains?

Many Thanks

0 Likes
coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 0 22

Hey @John2021, with some work you could do all of this from one store with the Locksmith app. You wouldn't need separate Shopify stores; you could use international domains within a single shop using either mystore.fr or fr.mystore.com, it is your preference.

Brecht
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Cole, 

We did setup multiple stores for different markets to handle different pricing, taxes and marketing.

Some of this stores have multiple languages and multiple domains based on language settings.

Therefore I need to setup the hreflang links properly to include all store domains and languages on each store.
When I add my own hreflang links the default hreflang links are still there. This way I would have duplicate hreflang links.

Is there a setting that removes the default hreflang links generation from the content_for_header object?

Thanks for your help.

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 0 22

Hey @Brecht, yes you can disable the native hreflang implementation - please get in touch with our support team and they can do this for you!