Feature Request: Integration of Taxamo assure into the checkout for UK companies selling to EU

Solved
Reina2
Tourist
3 0 15

I would also request Shopify to have developers make the Taxamo integration into Shopify. 
I use Royal Mail, and they are recommending us Uk sellers to use Taxamo. 
but it seems there is no proper integration done between Shopify & taxamo. 
I am sure there are many small UK businesses like me, who really need this integration to happen. 
please Shopify, can you respond to this demand? 

thank you 

SMU
Excursionist
18 0 31

I have also looked into Taxamo and got excited at the prospect that the only cost was £2 per parcel and they filed the VAT for the EU and you got to use their IOSS. However after calling Taxamo i was told they are not yet integrated on Shopify but they are having talks with them. Why on earth has something this important not already been integrated and sorted out for small UK businesses. We dont need an EU intermediary we just need something simplified just as Taxamo are offering. I am preplexed as the prospect of not being able to sell to the EU until this has been sorted out.

SMU
Excursionist
18 0 31

I am in the same boat as you. Taxamo appears to be the only suitable and affordable option for small UK merchants wishing to continue selling in the EU

Fanattik
Tourist
4 0 5

A really well written request, very clear. We have been investigating this for weeks, got signed up with Royal Mail for Click and Drop, integrated that with Shopify, signed up with Taxamo and we were just looking for someone to add the code to Shopify and came across your request.

Shopify need to do something to integrate with Taxamo otherwise it is going to force a lot of stores to look for other store suppliers.

SMU
Excursionist
18 0 31

I think all UK sellers need to be posting here to request Shopify act quickly. There is surely more UK sellers on Shopify that this will impact upon? I spoke with someone from Taxamo and they were very helpful and at the moment they do seem to be the only third party company who have tailored something suitable for smaller UK merchants who use Royal Mail. 

Can someone from Shopify support please join this thread and update us? Would be useful.

HannahS
1 0 8

I would like to add a vote for this. We are at a loss how to handle EU orders from 1st July if this is not implemented. Hoping for a solution soon!

SueCa
Tourist
3 0 12

We are in the same boat and I've explored so many alternatives - all require a significant and disproportionate outlay of a minimum of £2000 per annum for companies to act as EU intermediaries. Taxamo seems like a good idea if they can be integrated to Shopify. Frankly, seems ludicrous that it does not integrate with the UK's most popular e-commerce platform!

SueCa
Tourist
3 0 12

@Shopify - this is a problem for virtually every small ecommerce site you are hosting in the UK. Please work with Taxamo to come up with a workable solution and make this a priority. The deadline is a week away

Pauline_Millwar
Tourist
5 0 4

@Shopify just to reintegrate what others are saying, if Royal Mail in the UK are pushing Taxamo, then UK businesses really need this as an option in Shopify. However, what would be even better is if Shopify did what Taxamo are doing (ie basically for this purpose acting like a marketplace) and offer a more competitive rate than the £2 per parcel that Taxamo wants to charge.

Sb46
1 0 3

I second this, we too are small UK business needing Taxamo & Shopify to figure out a work around!