How do I add Customs Declaration Forms to my Shipping Labels?

sespinueva
Tourist
4 0 6

Hello there. Could someone please help me? I am currently running a shop here on Shopify and the first order I got was to the United States. My island, Guam, is in the United States but for any package or item that needs to be sent out from our island needs a customs form. When I was purchasing the shipping label, it didn't have a customs declaration form added to it. I tried to add it but the option did not show up to me. Could Shopify fix that? I ship items less than 16 ounces and I do not want to wait in the post office to ship items and to ask for a customs declaration form. Thank you! 

P.S. Could someone reply with a shipping software that accepts PayPal? Please do not say USPS.com. 

Replies 13 (13)

buysmartfitness
5 0 0
Essentially incorporate a duplicate of the structure inside the bundle, at that point append the short structure or mark to the external bundle. Ensure you utilize straightforward tape (or put it in the plastic envelope connected to the bundle) with the goal that the structure can be obviously perused. Remember to save your sender's duplicate with you for future reference.
sespinueva
Tourist
4 0 6

I understand and know how to tape the Customs Declarations Form to the package I am sending. However, there is a feature when the Customs Declarations Form is combined with the Shipping Label that you can print out so it's on one page. Thank you for the reply, but I know how to tape paper to things.

Terrrry_on_Guam
Tourist
4 0 5

I need assistance with this too. I've been told repeatedly by USPS Customer Support's 1-800 # that customs forms (CN22) is only required when shipping internationally (not for OP, but for everyone else reading, Guam isn't international). You may have seen that USPS on Guam seems to operate by their own rules, now requiring the printed CN22/prepaid shipping combination label...the problem is that it isn't even an option for shipping through Shopify unless the package is actually going international. I'm at wit's end, I don't know how to accomplish this. There should be a checkbox "include customs form" option for every shipping option. It's a free form, it doesn't add additional cost to the shipment, so I don't see why that isn't an option or cannot easily be made an option. Sorry to rant, very frustrated with Guam-based USPS. If you find a solution, please let me know.

sespinueva
Tourist
4 0 6
Yes! I am frustrated with them as well. The best way is to purchase a
shipping label through here (but you would have to pay postage of $5.00 up
front at the counter, not online)
https://cfo.usps.com/cfo-web/labelInformation.html . Hope this helps, I
will add to this thread if Shopify makes a change or if there is another
solution!
Thelocalbones
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi! I'm in the same boat. I'm in Saipan. Did you ever find a way to deal with this issue. I'm struggling to find a more timely way to do the customs forms.

Terrrry_on_Guam
Tourist
4 0 5

Hafa Adai LocalBones, Contact Shopify Support via phone or chat and ask them to add a "add Customs Delcaration [CN-22]" button on the shipping label page. Explain to them that it's required by local USPS even though you aren't shipping international. I contacted them and they said that they have seen some other people in our area having this same problem and that they would work on a solution, but if they see more demand for it may make it a higher priority for them. 

Take care,

Terry

Thelocalbones
Tourist
4 0 6

Hafa Adai and Tirow Terry!!!

Thank you so much! I'll do that ASAP. 

Thelocalbones
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi again Terry! Would you be willing to share a screenshot of what the CN-22 button looks like on the shipping label page,because it doesn't seem to be familiar with the agent I'm chatting with. Thank you so much in advance. 

Terrrry_on_Guam
Tourist
4 0 5
Hi,

Are you all the LocalBones Marianas IG page? If so, man, love your gear, I
want to order one of the guitar skeleton shirts. Will message you through
IG.

There isn't a customs button yet, but please tell the agent to look up
Ticket # 21682742 from Charcoal Guam. This ticket, once they make the fix,
will address both of our shipping problems (and for anyone else in our
area). It includes a thorough explanation of the problem and recommends the
solution, which is for Shopify to add an optional customs form button. The
form is free through USPS and they already have the format with the
Diplomatic/Overseas Priority form, so it should be an easy fix for them.

Cheers,

Terry
Thelocalbones
Tourist
4 0 6

Awesome! Thank you, I'll reference your ticket number and I really do hope they fix it. 

And yes, that is me on IG. Thank you much for checking out the gear. I've been putting a lot of work into the designs so I'm just truly grateful for the kind words and compliments everyone sends. Just messaged you back on IG. 😁😎🤙🏽

sespinueva
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi!

I did find a way to create Customs Forms but it isn't on Shopify. But, it is on the USPS website. I am unsure why they do not have this link easily accessible to the public/site but after thorough digging I found it! Here's the link https://cfo.usps.com/cfo-web/labelInformation.html . Hope this helps!

KawaiiKineGifts
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi I'm new to Shopify and this thread had me nervous at first because I ship to Guam often and I'd hate to have to manually fill out and adhere the Customs Form to each package when I could just print and stick. I learned if you integrate with PirateShip through the Shopify App Store you'll be able to complete and print out the Customs Declarations Form shipping to & fro Guam. Not to mention the discounts are much better compared to Shopify's Basic Plan and you have an option to pull the sales order data to auto complete the form. Here's the link to the official tutorial posted by PirateShip.

Hopes this helps anyone surfing the web frantically trying to find a solution like myself. 🙂 

https://support.pirateship.com/en/articles/1068472-how-does-the-shopify-integration-work

Screenshot of PirateShip in the Shopify App StoreScreenshot of PirateShip in the Shopify App Store

islandclothing
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

Are you still using this App? I tried using this, but USPS won't recognize my building address and won't allow PO.BOX for return mail. Any information may help 🙂

Thanks!