Can I sell to customers in Thailand and Korea using Shopify?

MIXAS
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, I'm wondering if its possible to sell to thailand and korea because i have customers from these countries

Replies 9 (9)

Don
Shopify Staff
2761 199 388

Hi there @MIXAS!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Shopify Community.

Generally speaking, as long as it is legal for you to sell where you are you can sell it via a store you create using Shopify.

If you're able to ship your goods or provide your services to those countries from where you are and you're aware of what you'd need to do to sell there you can go right ahead!

Could you let us know where your store is based (if you've set one up already) and, if you don't mind, let me know a bit more about your business and what you're looking to sell?

One thing to be aware of would be the currency you'd be selling in if you're looking to market to those different territories.

If you can confirm your store location I can share a list of the payment gateway providers available there and you can do some research into your options.

You mentioned you have existing customers in these places, so have you been selling elsewhere somewhere and you're looking to sell more online now?

I look forward to answering any questions you might have about using Shopify.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MIXAS
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks for answering I will be selling Software for gaming servers, I'm from Turkey but i'll be selling my products in Euro(€)

Don
Shopify Staff
2761 199 388

Hi there @MIXAS!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for confirming that for me!

You can see your options in terms of payment gateways available in Turkey here.

Check out which of those options you might be interested in and check with them directly to see if they'd be able to support your business type specifically.

You may need to submit business and identification documents to whichever payment gateway you want to work with, though they'll be able to confirm their requirements for you.

Have you got an existing way you've been selling software or are you looking for a way to sell downloadable digital products from your store?

Regards,

Don

MIXAS
Visitor
3 0 0

hello again I already have existing ways but fees are way too high thats why i'm interested with shopify

Don
Shopify Staff
2761 199 388

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once more.

That sounds great!

Be sure to let us know here if you have any other questions about using Shopify that we can help out with at any point.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

MikeatKorea
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, 

this is the real guy living in Korea. Above all, you gotta have to be careful because out there in Korea, you would be facing gigantic competitors like Coupang(Korean Amazon), SSG, Lotte, E-mart, etc. Plus, if you have all your items in Euros, then the Koreans would be bouncing out right away because no one wants to calculate their final prices by themselves. (I even am facing the same issue because my shop offers items in Euros but wondering why 50% of the traffic is from USA and they bounce out within a few seconds..)

You need to consider Thailand first, because normally Koreans do not use Google for searching online malls because we have a better alternative, Naver. When your mall is more popular then think about Korea. You need to take this opinion serious because this is why I don't open my business in my country.  

Jake_Lee
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

The Korean game market is very large, and there are many companies that make games. Paymentwall is a payment company that provides solutions for selling in the Korean market, so you can get help with Korean payments from them.

Shopify Partner from 2017

ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 16

Yeah of course, if you have a few orders per month in Korea and Thailand, you can ship via air mail or ePacket, if you have large amount of orders from these countries, find a China Korea and China Thailand small package line for better price and fast delivery.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent
Rickysam_2
Visitor
2 0 0

If you wish to sell utilize the Shopify platform and don’t own the products, then drop shipping is something you may be interested in, you don’t need to own the products, if you never heard of Drop shipping,

simply is a process of product fulfillment that occurs when items are shipped directly from the manufacturer or wholesaler to the customer with mukabbir company.