Limit the maximum transaction amount on international shipment

sweetcw
2 0 1

Shopify limits how much we can ship internationally to $2,500. We would like to limit the maximum purchase to the same amount. The customer can then make two purchases. Any suggestions on how to set this up?

ThinkBig
1 0 0

Same question as above, is there a way to have a maximum spend limit on international orders only? We are expecting a lot of people to try and scam us and would like to cap them to a $500 maximum purchase. Is there a way to set this up in Shopify?

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

Hi @ThinkBig and @sweetcw 

This is a great question to ask! While the checkout itself doesn't allow us to limit the maximum order value by default, we can instead apply this to the shipping profile within the admin of the store. 

You can set up shipping rates based on order value to ensure that orders over a certain amount can't be processed at the checkout. The customer would get to the shipping stage and they would see a message that this order can't be completed. You can edit the message from within the Theme language editor if you wanted to as well. 

You can learn more about how to setup shipping zones and rates in our Help Center here: Shopify Help Center - Shipping Rates.

Alternatively, you can look at an app that can assist you in this process. These apps are usually called "Min/Max" or something similar to that. You can review our available apps that can apply this limitation to your checkout here: Shopify App Store - Min Max Apps.

Let me know if you have additional questions about this I can assist with. 

-Shay 

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes