Regional Support: India

deepak_dk
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Viktor, thanks for your prompt reply. I will check about this in more details with a tax consultant situated in India

Bombay_Mart
5 0 0

Thank you Victor. 

0 Likes
Bombay_Mart
5 0 0

Hello @Victor , 

I want to change the Indian Rupee sign from Rs. to ₹ on all pages of our Shopify store. I have a screenshot of the rupee sign that we want. Can you help us with a simple code link for this?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
942 83 224

Hi @Bombay_Mart,

You should be able to change the symbol for Rupees in Settings > General, where you'll see a "Store currency" section. Pressing the "Change formatting" button will allow you to edit how currencies appear on your store:

21-03-kk9z1-voqls

If you change all instances of "Rs." here to "₹", this should then be reflected on your store whenever a price or currency is displayed.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NeilBDE
Excursionist
15 0 5

Dear Victor,

I hope you are doing good.

I am looking to change my App developer as their support is pathetic. Can you suggest any India-based App developer to convert my Shopify store to Android and IOS Apps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Likes
reemikito
2 0 0

Hi, so, read all the articles about it, it shows that I can't change my store currency after an order, but there hasn't been any orders since I just started. Apart from that, I can't find any "manage" button in the admin payment settings, to add regions and currencies. I want to change my store currency to USD from INR but, it just won't happen. What should I do?

0 Likes
deepak_dk
Tourist
6 0 1

I am facing absolutely the same problem and i cant find anything to resolve it.

0 Likes
reemikito
2 0 0

hey, so, it turns out that Shopify Payments isn't available in India, so that is why we aren't able to manage it. We have to activate third party apps if we want to change currencies for payments. Other than that, about the order, I guess they registered my sample orders as an order too. 

0 Likes
Bombay_Mart
5 0 0

Hello @Victor , 

It worked. Thank you so much for the support. 

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
942 83 224

Hi @NeilBDE,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your current app developer. You can view a list of third-party professionals who specialize in Shopify app development on the Shopify Experts marketplace. I have added a filter so that only developers based in India are shown, although you can remove this if you wish to look for others based elsewhere.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes