Solved

Selling internationally only to Canada

Zachia
Excursionist
28 0 8

Hello there, I want to sell internationally but only to Canada for right now. I do plan to sell to other countries in the long rum. Does anyone know how I can disable other countries from purchasing from my store?

I only want to sell in the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada.

Accepted Solution (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Zachia!

Ash here from the Shopify team. I understand you wish to sell to USA and Canada only, and I'm happy to help out! 

As long you're selling physical products that require shipping, you have full control over where you sell to and can absolutely limit your sales to just the USA and Canada for the time being. In order to do this, you just need to make sure the only shipping zones you have set up are for USA and Canada, and that each zone has appropriate rates. When a customer reaches the checkout and needs to enter their personal information, the country options they can select from the drop-down menu are restricted to those added in your shipping settings. If USA and Canada are the only countries added in your shipping settings, then only customers from those countries will be able to complete the checkout. 

Here is some great information on setting up shipping zones for your shop, and here is our documentation on setting up shipping rates or each zone. I hope this information is helpful, and feel free to reply here if you need any further assistance, or if any clarification is needed. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Zachia!

Ash here from the Shopify team. I understand you wish to sell to USA and Canada only, and I'm happy to help out! 

As long you're selling physical products that require shipping, you have full control over where you sell to and can absolutely limit your sales to just the USA and Canada for the time being. In order to do this, you just need to make sure the only shipping zones you have set up are for USA and Canada, and that each zone has appropriate rates. When a customer reaches the checkout and needs to enter their personal information, the country options they can select from the drop-down menu are restricted to those added in your shipping settings. If USA and Canada are the only countries added in your shipping settings, then only customers from those countries will be able to complete the checkout. 

Here is some great information on setting up shipping zones for your shop, and here is our documentation on setting up shipping rates or each zone. I hope this information is helpful, and feel free to reply here if you need any further assistance, or if any clarification is needed. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Zachia
Excursionist
28 0 8

Hello Ash, thank you for explaining that to me. I had set up my shipping zones up.