Using International domains Shopify option or not?

DillyanaH
Excursionist
48 0 3

Hello,

We would like to transfer a website to Shopify. Now we have a custom website and one domain with subdomains for each region.

We checked what options we have on Shopify and we understand that we can use the "Shopify" plan and save from Shopify monthly fees.. However, we would like to know:

- Can we add different website logos for every subdomain when using this feature on Shopify?

- Can we also change the texts, show different products on different subdomains? 

- Is it possible to translate the website to different languages manually? 

- Is it easy to add different currencies for each region/subdomain?

Can anyone share their experience with international domains? Which option did you choose - the Shopify feature or maybe you have multiple Shopify stores and pay multiple monthly fees? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
862 76 217

Hi @DillyanaH,

From the information you have provided here, I believe you may be best served using multiple stores on Shopify to sell to different regions. The international domains feature allows you to add numerous domains to your store and use different languages and/ or currencies for each domain, but it does not allow you to offer localized content or products for the different domains. To do this, and add other region-specific content such as logos and pages, you'd need to use separate Shopify stores.

I'd recommend checking out our international domains FAQ to learn more about what you can and can't do with the feature. Please let me know if you've any further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog