Can I modify a purchased shipping label on Shopify?

loveandlightca
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have a shipping label that was purchased first week of November but I am sending the items just now, December 9 2020. I understand I cannot void a label, however, when I spoke to Canada Post, they mentioned I should reach out to Shopify as you may have a solution.

The purchased shipping label contains the 16 oz products and 1 oz bubble mailer.

However, I need to add 1 more product so I need to change it to 24 oz product and a 4 oz box.

Can someone support me on this one?

Do I need to send the original 16 oz and the other one separately? 

Thank you

Replies 5 (5)

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Hi, @loveandlightca 

If you need to make a change to a shipping label, you need to void the label, make the changes to the order details, and then purchase the label again.

You can void a shipping label if it meets the following requirements:

• It has been less than 30 days since you bought the label.
  • There have been no tracking events on the label, such as the shipment being accepted by the shipping carrier.

After you void a shipping label, the cost of the label is credited to your account. This amount is applied to the cost of any shipping labels that you buy in the future. 

To void a label, you can follow these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.

2. Click the number of the order with the shipping label that you want to void.

3. In the Fulfilled section, click More > Void label.

4. Select a reason for voiding the label.

5. Click Void label and insurance to confirm. You can buy a new label for this order from the order details page.

I hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

loveandlightca
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Elle,

Thank you for the response. I've seen this option, however, it is already more than 30 days since I purchased the label. 

There is an additional product that I need to send which I only have gotten a hold of just today, Dec 9 2020. 

Original label has 16 oz weight but the new package will be 29 oz.

It will change from bubble mailer to a small box. 

My question is,

Do I proceed in shipping the original 16 oz item with the purchased label or will there be another option?

Sorry for the inconvenience. First time that I had this issue

Elle
Shopify Staff
1092 97 208

Sorry for the delay!

Is your order marked as partially fulfilled at this point? If so, you can fulfill the other item in the order and purchase a separate label for the other item and ship both separately. There will not be another option to fulfill both items under one label unless you cancel the fulfillment.

Let me know if this helps!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ibiss
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Elle, I had a similar problem. I have a few labels from Black Friday weekend. It has been over 30 days and I forgot to void them, and the labels were not used or scanned. It will not allow me to void them any longer. I presume because it is over the 30 days. 

I specifically wish to know if I can still use those same labels in up to 3 months when that same customer orders again, and my package will not be returned. 

Thanks

ohmy
Shopify Partner
5 0 8

You mention:

"In the Fulfilled section, click More > Void label."

Looking everywhere within the order details, including the More menu and the three dots on fulfilled does not bring up the option to void the label. 

alternatively you advise:

"You can also void a shipping label from the Timeline section of an order's page using the Manage shipment drop-down menu."

Within the timeline of the order page, although I see the event where the label is created, there is no option to void label.

I need to void a label, can you provide updated instructions?