How to set up international shipping cost on my website?

specialoutdoor
Excursionist
30 1 4

I have a customer that wants to buy a large order and I don't have international shipping set up on my site.

I have already spoke with an Air Freight forwarder that he recommended and they have given me a quote , how do I put that on my site so when the customer orders it figures in the price I got from the freight forwarding  company? 

thanks for the advice www.specialoutdoorgear.com      support@specialoutdoorgear.com

Marlin Hines
Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @specialoutdoor,

Having a quote automatically generate for customers would be difficult, and I'm not entirely sure it is possible. In the scenario you described you had to speak to a courier that offered air freight services in order to figure out a cost estimate, and this was for a specific order. If they were able to provide you with a general overview of their costs, based on the shipping location and the size of the products being shipped, you could set this as a shipping rate within your settings. Some couriers that offer an air freight service may also offer live, calculated rates, which you can display at checkout via a third-party app

However, if you expect these costs to be variable and fluctuate significantly, it might be advisable to include a note on your site—perhaps on a dedicated FAQ or shipping information page—that customers can contact you directly to gain a quote. You can then contact the courier, ask for an accurate quote, and inform the customer directly of the costs associated. If they wish to proceed, you can then issue them an invoice via the draft orders feature that includes the pre-determined shipping cost.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog