Solved

502 Bad Gateway errors calling API

paul2019
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

HI

We are getting randomly may times 502 error calling Products and orders API (mostly when calling order API)

Following is few request IDs 

requestId:5af02bf5-7716-4166-a1a7-c05b885850b9

requestId:1f3ca8d1-970d-4792-8362-13d8145a5753

Just to add that its happening more frequently after we moved to the new paging and upgraded to API version 10-2019

Thanks

StoreYa - Automate Your Marketing Site - www.StoreYa.com
Accepted Solution (1)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @paul2019,

Thanks for providing those request_ids. Our developers have just implemented some changes that will help prevent timeouts on the orders API. Please try your calls again and you should see them complete now as expected.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @paul2019,

Thanks for providing those request_ids. Our developers have just implemented some changes that will help prevent timeouts on the orders API. Please try your calls again and you should see them complete now as expected.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Stitch
Visitor
2 0 4

We're also seeing 502s repeatedly returned for requests against various order endpoints since 2019-12-02 15:03:43,095Z and they've occurred consistently for nearly every call since then for a subset of Shopify accounts.

These have recurred when reducing the window of time included in the request, as well as modifying the page size being requested. We've also tried removing the `since_id` parameter of our requests to restart pagination at `since_id=1` to see if it was a matter of a single bad record causing the hangup, but that has proven unsuccessful.

BECKYGalbes
Tourist
4 0 1

It's really strange that while I use Safari to login my shopify shows me that 504 Gateway Time-out, but it shows me 502 Bad Gateway when I am using Chrome try to login my admin!!!! What should I do next!!! Help!!!