502 error when posting order through API

2 0 0

Hi There,

We've built out some custom automation software to submit orders to a shopify store. Recently starting a few weeks ago we've been receiving many 502 errors when posting orders via the API.

This issue is serverly impacting our customers ability to conduct business in a timely manner.

The request ID for one of the recent failures is: ce6b53dd-4376-43ba-82cf-6c1fa52ca51a

Any insight and help on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

To provide more insight, these errors started occurring recently, it was posting fine for several months prior to this. 

Its only happening during POSTs of orders to the store. All of the GET operations are working properly without error.

Here are few additional request ID's that received the failure:

x-request-id 7a395f9b-445e-4925-bf79-0bf83d5dd6fa

x-request-id c86ba6f2-282b-4f6a-97bc-386d93f030e1

x-request-id 864af05e-20c8-4378-b410-0ac741d636c4

Any help on this would be great as this is significantly impacting a customers sales.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 14 14

Hey @JustinIS,

I checked our logs for this request_id, and I can see this request was made on early on Nov 27th. As it turns out, we actually shipped a change later in the day on Nov 27th to address issues with 502 timeouts. Can you confirm if you're still seeing timeouts since the 27th?

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 14 14

Hey @JustinIS,

Looks like your last message came in while I was typing out my initial reply. I checked those additional request_ids and can see they're more recent. In order to investigate further, can you please send me the full body of the call you're making? You can either redact the customer details yourself or send this to me in a private message.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes