50k variant limit check

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 4 8

After a shop has 50k variants it gets capped at adding 1000 variants per day.

Is there a way to check how much of the limit is remaining for the day out of 1000?

Or anything useful regarding this matter will be appreciated.

Need some help or work done? Hire me!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 21 63

Hi, @Marslan

Currently there is no way to view how many variants are remaining for the day before hitting the maximum. That said, I can definitely see how that would be useful so I've passed that request on to our Product team so that they know it's something you'd like to see added to the platform. 

Another option is to apply for an exemption to this limitation. This isn't guaranteed, however you can apply to have this limit removed and based on a variety of factors our team will decide if you can have that taken off of your store. If you'd like to try that, let me know and I'd be happy to get the process started for you. Thanks! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 4 8

Thank you, yes would definitely like to apply for exemption. Didn't know we could do that before.

Need some help or work done? Hire me!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 21 63

Hi, @Marslan

No worries! I've just sent you an email with the details required for that request, so if you'd like to reply there then we can get started. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Brie 

we are currently duplicating a whole store to manage different regions in a better way. We just hit the 50k limit in the new store and would like to ask for an exception as well. Can you please provide us with the details?

Kind regards,
Markus

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 21 63

Hi, @Markus_U

No problem at all. I will send you an email shortly to gather some more information from you, and we can go from there. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI,

I did not know that I can apply to remove the Limit. could you please let me know how to apply ?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 21 63

Hey, @zohawi

I'd be happy to give you a hand with that. Please note that the limit is only lifted in certain instances when specific requirements are met, so this is not guaranteed. I'll send you an email to gather some more information, and we can go from there. Thanks!  

0 Likes