[ALERT]: Server External ID Not Matching to Pixel External ID for ViewContent Event

Andrew_Sihan
3 0 5

Why I am receiving this alert and how I fix it?

Conversion API (FACEBOOK) was implemented through the partner Shopify, not manual.

Andrew_Sihan_0-1623997364631.png

Jeff211
Tourist
7 0 5

I am having the same issue. All of a sudden on June 15 Shopify started sending server side events to the Facebook Conversion API, duplicating our FB Pixel data and introducing a bunch of errors. Hoping we get some resolutions ASAP, our conversions took a big hit.

Server External ID Not Matching to Pixel External ID for ViewContent Event

Server Sending Invalid Match Key Parameters for ViewContent Event

Server Sending Invalid Match Key Parameters for AddToCart Event

AddPaymentInfo Event Missing Some Deduplication Parameters

sarahtatham
1 0 0

I am experiencing the same and also used the Shopify partner integration.

0 Likes
pachio92
1 0 0

hi guys, same problem here, do you solved in some way?

0 Likes
HändigDesign
1 0 0

Same problem here. Would love to have this fixed asap.

0 Likes
KuznetsEnvy
Shopify Partner
20 0 4

We're having a similar issue (see attached screenshot).
We did set up FB Conversion API with native Shopify Facebook sales channel.
Please help us understand the problem and resolve it.

Screenshot_2021-06-24_at_23_14_02.jpg

0 Likes
Jeff211
Tourist
7 0 5

Hi everyone, I found out what's going on here.

When Facebook updated their API a couple weeks ago, it caused us to start seeing this error. I've been told by a Shopify rep that Facebook has pushed out a fix to resolve the error. However, this error is not related to the problems we're having with missing events and poor conversions.

The same Facebook API update that caused the error also implemented additional filtering that rejects events from iOS 14.5+ users who have not opted-into tracking. This is by design.

0 Likes
cckk
7 0 0

Is there any update on this? It's July 12th and we're still seeing this error in our FB account regarding shopify

0 Likes
StrategeryLLC
3 0 0

Yes I also have this issue as well, and I need a resolution. Is this a Shopify issue or a Facebook, or both. 

0 Likes
StrategeryLLC
3 0 0

When you say "This is by design" do you mean that these errors are expected, and meant to make "the community" try and force apple from removing the opt-in?

0 Likes