[API] API Access has been disabled shopify

Solved
Peter_P
Excursionist
18 3 2

Hi, I have a customer, and his access token is active. But when I send any request I receive this error:
Http code 403

[API] API Access has been disabled Shopify

How is that possible? Other users don't have this issue.

The customer already bought a subscription, is it possible to regenerate token? Or what to do?

I think it's somehow related to online/offline access. But I use offline access..

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

Hey @Peter_P,

More info on the 403 here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/quot-API-Access-has-been-disabled-quot-what-does-i...

If you'd like more info, DM me the store in question and I'll see if there are any notes on this side.

0 Likes
Peter_P
Excursionist
18 3 2

@SBD_ I checked that link yesterday, before posting. 
I asked that customer and he said that he did not change anything, I just lost access to that store(access disabled) somehow. 
I've asked the client to reinstall the app, and it's working now, but if I face the same issue again, I will send you a message.

But this is a bad experience, he paid for the app, and now he is blaming me for a buggy app. But I created an offline token and it should work just fine...

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

@Peter_P access can be temporarily disabled from our side - if you've got the store url handy (DM) I can check to see if anything was disabled from our end.

Peter_P
Excursionist
18 3 2

This is an accepted solution.

Access was disabled by Shopify.
@SBD_ Thanks

Costi
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Same thing is happening to one of the stores that installed our app. Any idea how can this be solved?

0 Likes