API Issue with Total Products

SeanCarlos
3 0 0

Hello.

I am not a developer, but my developer has informed me of a change that Shopify made in their backend with the API that is going to cost me $1000 to adjust for, and hoping there is some simple solution the community can help me with.

I use the Shopify API to connect to specific stores in my industry where they share their items with me to market across platforms, and using the API I make sure that inventory quantities are accurate. For example, we connect via SKU's for inventory synchronization, so when the client sells a product in their store and the quantity is reduced, it connects to my inventory management software and adjusts across marketplaces.

They've just informed me that where before we could get a total readout of the SKU's in one list, Shopify has now broken these down to 250 at a time...so now I need to make this adjustment which is expensive. 

Is there some way to revert to the old way? Some easy workaround I can inform them about?

I'm totally bummed out as I just started onboarding my second large Shopify client and without having made a sale, I am in the hole another $1k.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
quicki
Excursionist
19 2 7

Hi,

Can you please simplify the details?

Your scenario:

You have a Shopify store e.g test.shopify.com

and have a management system e.g "abc" 

if quantity changes at Shopify store(test.shopify.com) then that quantity should update the quantity of product which is in your system "abc". right?

and further, it should update on other marketplaces as well?

and as you mentioned Shopify limit to 250 at a time? yes that's correct 
you can check here: https://shopify.dev/concepts/about-apis/rate-limits

0 Likes
SeanCarlos
3 0 0

Hi.

Yes, those rate limits are what is causing me my issue.

I do have a Shopify store, I have a custom WOO platform for client inventories. They all connect to an Inventory Management tool, Seller Active. This keeps inventory across marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, etc) accurate.

I then connect to my clients stores through my Woo, I include their products there and it connects to Seller Active that controls across Marketplaces.

Rate Limits have been changed now to 250, this didn't exist a couple of months ago. Now to make the adjustment it is expensive.

Is there some way to revert to the old Rate Limits or side step it? I can't really afford another investment in my tool right now but I have my client waiting and its taken me 6 months to close the client. So I really need a work around...not more development.

Thanks.

0 Likes
quicki
Excursionist
19 2 7

Thanks for the explanation. 

But to my knowledge, Development is the only solution.

I know this is not what you want but I used this app for the same purpose https://stok.ly/pricing/

I think it might be a good idea you go for Development Solution. Try to reduce the price down to 500/600 for the solution because they know the entire app structure, other good developers might charge you more than 1000. 

0 Likes
SeanCarlos
3 0 0

Thank you.

It's unfortunate that Shopify makes changes to their API and puts small business at risk by forcing them to spend money to keep up with their changes and their wants.

It's a real kick in teeth to do this to us when we worked to develop our work with Shopify stores. 

Luckily Lightspeed hasn't done this to me. If Shopify continues to make changes with their make-work projects that have trickle down effects that cost everyone money, well, it just sucks. We're all just trying to make a small living here. It would be nice if they think about us while they are making their deals with Google and Stripe. We all remember Blackberry and Nortel in Canada.

0 Likes
quicki
Excursionist
19 2 7

Hi Sean, 

I know it's been a long time but I found an easy alternative which is not the best workaround but will do the job.

Shopify Limit Api call to 2 calls per second for the regular Plan and 4 calls per second for Shopify Plus. So if a job can be initiated from the backend that will update or create the product on the store, you can set a sleep time of 0.5 seconds after each API Call. It will take very long for 1000 or 2000 products to update but it will do the job.

Thanks

0 Likes