API Webhooks not sending data

everglow
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

We're building a Shopify app that needs to receive data from the API Webhooks. Everything is configured correctly on our end but Shopify is not sending any data. 

There's no errors whatsoever. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? Is the Webhooks service down by any chance?

Replies 4 (4)

hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

Hey @everglow ,

You can check the status of Shopify at any given time through this page. As it currently stands, everything for Shopify API is up and running as expected.

Are you confident you have set-up your app correctly to receive data from the Shopify API Webhooks? For example, is your callback URL set-up correctly and are you using the correct secret key? Can your app receive the test notification from the store's admin?

This is a good document to read about working with Shopify Webhooks through NodeJS and Express

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

everglow
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Hi Hassain,

Yes, everything is set up correctly and we can receive test notifications from the store's admin.

Any idea what can it be?

hassain
Shopify Staff (Retired)
624 104 187

Hey @everglow ,

That is strange you can receive the test notifications but not the actual store events.

Could you provide more information about your webhook, and I can go through our platform logs to see what might be occurring? I.e. your webhook endpoint URL, the topic(s) it is supposed to listen for, the store you are seeing it not work, the timeframe in which the event happens that the webhook does not receive (with the timezone), etc. Any and all information would be helpful

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ju_li3n
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

Same problem for me.
I only received the test notification and once a product creation event.
Since a few hour, it's over....