API access to delivery instructions for orders

Solved
ABarber
1 0 2

Hi @JB

Is there any update on the availability of this feature?

It's nearly impossible to have to open up each order individually to get this information where a simple export would save hours of effort for us.

Thanks

adamdry
1 0 1

+1

We use the orders API to put all the order information into one view for the shop owner. They need this information as well. Currently they have to manually click into each local delivery order in Shopify.

Thanks

Adam

HR-Liquors
Tourist
6 0 0

Brother i am having the same issue its so frustrating

0 Likes
HR-Liquors
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey man we all really need this feature available ASAP these order notes are getting on my nerves. I cant click on every order to read notes manually 

0 Likes
rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 2

Any updates to this issue? We have a delivery service and it's the fact that this feature is missing is almost a deal breaker.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 98 182

Hi all,

The 2021-04 API version added a field under the fulfillmentOrder object called deliveryMethod. This field can be used to determine whether the customer chose the in-store pickup option.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 2

What I need are the delivery notes that were added by the customer on checkout, such as "Please ring the red doorbell", this is very important, we pass this information to the delivery driver and would need to have this in the API, it's impossible to do it by hand

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 98 182

@rodrigo5 Oops sorry, I conflated different issues. I'll follow up on this.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes