Solved

API access to delivery instructions for orders

Kasuteh
Visitor
2 0 14

I'm trying to create a private app that requires the delivery instructions for each order. Any guidance on where this is accessible at least in the REST API? I've checked the order APIs already.

Accepted Solution (1)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kasuteh,

Data relating to our new Local Pickup feature isn't currently available through the API. If/when this is implemented, it will be announced in the changelog.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 36 (36)

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kasuteh,

Data relating to our new Local Pickup feature isn't currently available through the API. If/when this is implemented, it will be announced in the changelog.

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Kasuteh
Visitor
2 0 14

Sad to hear that but thanks for the response! At least I didn't spend too much time searching for something that isn't available yet

jmenzel
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hi @Kasuteh, I had the same problem. What I did was enable the COMPANY field in Checkout, and changed the "company" text to "Special Delivery Instructions".

Hope it works for you!

CWang
Visitor
2 0 1

We were trying to look for access to the pickup location as well! The implementation of this would be really appreciated! 🙂 
Thanks for the answer.

ab01
Visitor
2 0 8

Same issue here!

shopmaker9
Tourist
4 0 4

Adding another vote for this feature. This is quite a frustrating limitation when using Local Delivery.

t1llmann
Visitor
2 0 3

yes, or at least allow the delivery instructions to be printed on the POS receipt. At the moment there is almost no way for our delivery employees to know what they need to do

Emma_S
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey _JB,

Sorry to post on a "closed" discussion, but I am also very keen on getting the delivery instructions including in the shipping information for an order.

Would you have any idea if and when this may be included in the orders api?

Thanks for your time.

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi JB and Shopify team,

We would like to add support to this request as well.

This has been a recurring ask from many merchants using the new Local Delivery Option. Currently, there is no way to access this without checking each order individually.

A Delivery Instructions field in the Order API would help us provide it to them. 

Please let us know if this is in the pipeline or would be implemented soon.

Thank you so much!

ABarber
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi @JB

Is there any update on the availability of this feature?

It's nearly impossible to have to open up each order individually to get this information where a simple export would save hours of effort for us.

Thanks

adamdry
Visitor
1 0 1

+1

We use the orders API to put all the order information into one view for the shop owner. They need this information as well. Currently they have to manually click into each local delivery order in Shopify.

Thanks

Adam

HR-Liquors
Tourist
7 0 0

Hey man we all really need this feature available ASAP these order notes are getting on my nerves. I cant click on every order to read notes manually 

chezjoy
Tourist
8 0 10

Do you have any updates about this Delivery Instructions Variables? we desperately need it to be retrieved and printed in our order/delivery slip template via Shopify's Order Printer apps.

john12
Shopify Partner
23 0 5

OMG IT'S 2022 😱 and STILL NOTHING?!!?!

AppNow
Visitor
1 0 0

Looking for an update on this issue... It is a complete show stopper for a lot of clients.

The field is there.... I can get to the other information such as preferred date and time... why can't this field be added to the API?

chiragit
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hello @Kasuteh & @shopify

Is this feature still not available ?

I just need to get the delivery instructions & phone number values from checkout into my custom Shopify order grid & display  there.

It's a simple requirement, can you kindly advise way to achieve this & any workaround.

Chirag Bhavsar
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ee681241aeeec03b
satishpatel438
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello JB,

Is it now possible to get delivery instructions added by customers in the Local Delivery shipping method?

HR-Liquors
Tourist
7 0 0

Brother i am having the same issue its so frustrating

rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 3

Any updates to this issue? We have a delivery service and it's the fact that this feature is missing is almost a deal breaker.

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

Hi all,

The 2021-04 API version added a field under the fulfillmentOrder object called deliveryMethod. This field can be used to determine whether the customer chose the in-store pickup option.

rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 3

What I need are the delivery notes that were added by the customer on checkout, such as "Please ring the red doorbell", this is very important, we pass this information to the delivery driver and would need to have this in the API, it's impossible to do it by hand

_JB
Shopify Staff
836 100 222

@rodrigo5 Oops sorry, I conflated different issues. I'll follow up on this.

kgstew
Visitor
2 0 1

Any further updates on this? Delivery Instructions are critical for Local Delivery and should be exported with the webhook payload for order creation.

Harrydebatsaap
Visitor
3 0 0

Still no update on this from Shopify??

pablopaul
Visitor
1 0 0

Please add this feature ASAP. I just spent hours trying to access this data to include in staff notification emails, and only after discovering this post did I realize this wasn't even possible yet. This should absolutely be part of the order object. Is there an ETA on this?

Artamonz
Tourist
4 0 2

Dear Shopify staff!

Please escalate this post request. Our delivery business in Covid times growing, but technical possibilities stay at the same level from 2020! By working with you, we remain uncompetitive. It's not acceptable that so many customers depend on you !! 

chezjoy
Tourist
8 0 10

Hi 

I checked this post and found it has been over a year, and this "Delivery Instructions" issue has not been solved. I need to display it in the templates from email to the order print apps.

Please help us to add this asap.

Thank you

chezjoy
Tourist
8 0 10

Noticed that this post has been marked as solved. But it is not solved yet. I just email to the support for this issue:

As per the print order template,  I will contact the app support again. I have been checking the forum community, this is an common complaint from many clients. as this Delivery Instructions somewhat are not been defined as a Order Pinter readable variable.  Me and other shopifiers have been crying for it since 2020, but it has not yet been resolved. Please help us by escalating this issue to your programmers. As during this pandemic, we are relying on the local delivery to run our already damaged business, and we do need this information to be retrieved and printed in our delivery slip/template for the driver. my understand is that this is critical feature to all shopifiers. At least Shopify need to explain to us why it could not been retrieved. But 2 years passed, we have heard nothing from shopify.

I may have to reopen another post.

pliscki
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm very disappointed to see that after more than a year something so simple and crucial is being neglected by Shopify like this.   

MikeyF
Visitor
1 0 1

This is a total show stopper for our business model.  In our case, each order needs to capture the mandatory instructions.  We don't want them on the customer as the instructions may be unique each time.   Glad but very sad I found this. 

andy_rose_goods
Visitor
1 0 0

+1, why is this data not accessible?

BoroTom
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

This blocks integration with our ERP where we collate orders from multiple sources to give one delivery route to our drivers. We have to say to our drivers that for e-com orders look at the app, but for all other orders use our ERP notes - really terrible experience 😞

JaroldMontes
Visitor
1 0 1

It's almost March 2023 and it's dissapointing to see that Shopify has ignored this request for almost three years. We need to have access to this feature to streamline the integration process with our couriers.

FlorentLetendre
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

Shopify build-in app 'Local Delivery' is now end of life. There is no alternatives for customers to go with 3rd party apps concerning local deliveries tracking.
Could we have this capability re-assessed by Shopify team? thanks!

RobFarmLink
Shopify Partner
31 2 21

This has been added to the 2024-04 RC version of the Admin API. See DeliveryMethodAdditionalInformation.

It'd be incredible if these two related issues could get some love in 2024-04:

1. Allow admins to edit items in an order made via Local Delivery

2. Allow admins to set an order's delivery method to Local Delivery and Local Pickup (including the pickup location)

RoundtripJoe
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

We recently integrated Local Delivery Instructions into EasyRoutes via the 2024-04 RC version of the Admin API - the feature is in beta for the time being, but working exactly as expected so far.  Looking forward to moving this out of beta following the API's full release next month, something our users have been requesting for years.

EasyRoutes Local Delivery (https://apps.shopify.com/easyroutes) - Local delivery superpowers for your Shopify store