API access to delivery instructions for orders

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm trying to create a private app that requires the delivery instructions for each order. Any guidance on where this is accessible at least in the REST API? I've checked the order APIs already.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
644 78 141

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kasuteh,

Data relating to our new Local Pickup feature isn't currently available through the API. If/when this is implemented, it will be announced in the changelog.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
2 0 1

Sad to hear that but thanks for the response! At least I didn't spend too much time searching for something that isn't available yet

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey _JB,

Sorry to post on a "closed" discussion, but I am also very keen on getting the delivery instructions including in the shipping information for an order.

Would you have any idea if and when this may be included in the orders api?

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi JB and Shopify team,

We would like to add support to this request as well.

This has been a recurring ask from many merchants using the new Local Delivery Option. Currently, there is no way to access this without checking each order individually.

A Delivery Instructions field in the Order API would help us provide it to them. 

Please let us know if this is in the pipeline or would be implemented soon.

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi @Kasuteh, I had the same problem. What I did was enable the COMPANY field in Checkout, and changed the "company" text to "Special Delivery Instructions".

Hope it works for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We were trying to look for access to the pickup location as well! The implementation of this would be really appreciated!  
Thanks for the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Same issue here!

0 Likes