API is serving deleted/removed order line items.

Highlighted
2 0 1

I am running into an issue related to importing orders from Shopify into Shipstation. 

I'v done several test orders to confirm and I believe the error lies on the Shopify side. 

In an order with multiple line items, where one item is removed (and restocked) prior to sync with Shipstation, all line items, including the removed SKU are being served and imported into shipstation. 

Order history in Shopify confirms removal of the item and restocking of the qty. 

I'v raised the issue with shipstation as well, but from my point of view, this is information that shopify should not be making available to them. It is not Shipstations place to decide what should and should not be fulfilled. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Update: I received an answer from Ship Station on this matter. 

They shared a screen shot of the API feed that they are receiving and confirmed that the order is coming into their system incorrect. 

They offered to work with Shopify support however Shopify has not offered any support in this matter. 

When contacted, Shopify support sent me here to post the issue. 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuvlE58

@drvita wrote:

I am running into an issue related to importing orders from Shopify into Shipstation. 

I'v done several test orders to confirm and I believe the error lies on the Shopify side. 

In an order with multiple line items, where one item is removed (and restocked) prior to sync with Shipstation, all line items, including the removed SKU are being served and imported into shipstation. 

Order history in Shopify confirms removal of the item and restocking of the qty. 

I'v raised the issue with shipstation as well, but from my point of view, this is information that shopify should not be making available to them. It is not Shipstations place to decide what should and should not be fulfilled. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi drvita,

I was having the same issue (I thought it was).

But actually if you look at the response from the API better you will see a "refunds" object that contains the items that you deleted or removed from the order.

Hope this will help you.

Thx

0 Likes
Highlighted

A customer of one of our apps just brought this up as well and as jubarbie1 mentioned, it gets added under "refunds" instead.

The payments/financial status, however, doesn't change to "partially_refunded", probably because a payment wasn't actually refunded.

I did some tests and here's what I found:

- If you increase the line item quantity, the quantity field under `line_items` reflects the change and also increases.

- If you decrease the line item quantity, the quantity field under `line_items` remains unchanged and an entry is added under `refunds` instead.

- If you delete a line item, that line item with its original quantity remains under `line_items` and an entry is added in `refunds`.

On the API side, there's also a field called `line_items.fulfillable_quantity` that seems to account for the refunded quantity.

Shopify's default CSV export, btw, also doesn't remove the line item or updates the quantity field if the change is a reduction in quantity, which is consistent with the API.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
1 Like