API not working from our Cloud Environment, timeout

2 0 0

Hello,

We are having technical difficulties with the Shopify API. We keep getting a time out error from the API.

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 23.227.38.64:443"

This is only when we try to connect from our cloud environment. When we try to connect locally, this doesn't happen.

This isn't an issue with rate limiting, because we have the same problem with 14 different customers with 14 different keys. Also this only happens when we try to connect from our cloud environment.

Shopify support says they can't help. Does anyone know where we can get support on this issue?

Kind regards,

Danny

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
75 7 10

Hey @MontaDanny,

Have you reached out to your cloud provider for assistance? If you're able to use the API locally but not in your cloud environment, this usually means something in your cloud environment is causing an issue. If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to your cloud provider as they should be aware of any nuances in their system that might cause something like this.

As well, does the issue only happen with certain calls? The error message says connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, which suggests a timeout setting might be at play. Do you know if your cloud client only waits X amount of time for a response before raising a timeout?

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for your response.

The problem was Cloudflare. Shopify uses Cloudflare to protect their system against DDoS attacks.  They probably mistook our API requests as a DDoS attack and blocked us. It was solved last friday and we were blocked again for 24 hours on saturday and sunday.

We are still in contact with the Shopify tech support about this issue.

0 Likes