API orders retrieval suddenly throwing 500s

2 0 0

We're currently using Stitch.com to pull from Shopify's API and push to a data warehouse.

Stitch pulls customer data, order data, refund data, etc (basically everything available through the API). We ran several successful pulls, but on Oct 15th, the orders endpoint started throwing 500s. So we have all order data through the 15th of October, but we have not been able to successfully pull orders since then.

What could cause sudden 500 errors? I don't think that it's a call limit or else Shopify would've given us a 429 error.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
916 96 149

The date is around the time the new 2019-10 API release went out, so most probably Stich.com haven't adjusted their fetching logic to comply with the new API? You might want to reach out to them.

There have been reports on 'page' based data pulling issues, if Stich.com uses the old approach it might well be the case.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it looks like that is not the case. They don't specify an API version in their retrievals, so it should just be defaulting to the oldest supported API version. So any October 2019 API updates would not affect it.

They also are not experiencing this across the board. This is specific to our store.

Any other ideas on why Shopify would be throwing 500s suddenly?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
916 96 149

The behavior might change depending on the amount of data processed, we've seen that happening.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes