About publishing error filter list in Shopify's product tab

Solved
shopnqatime
7 0 0

I'm trying to find out how products make it on the Publishing error filter list in Shopify's products tab (see screenshot). I thought using Shopify's Product ResourceFeedback API to tag products with requires_action state would make these products filterable for Publishing error in the products tab, but after testing this API with a few products that didn't seem to be the case.How can I get products to be filterable for Publishing error for my sales channel in this list? The end goal is to show a list of products that are missing required fields to be available in my sales channel to users so they can address them. Please advice. 

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
142 15 24

Hey @shopnqatime 

The screenshot you mentioned didn't come through unfortunately  - would you mind stepping me through the calls you are making to the Product ResourceFeedback API and sending through that screenshot and I can take a look. 

As long as the products are made available to the sales channel and on the POST to the API you are including "state": "requires_action", then the messages should appear usually. You may have done so already but I'd check too that you can GET the Resource Feedback after the product feedback is created, just to check the  data is there.

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
shopnqatime
7 0 0

here's the screenshot attached. Regarding the calls- I posted this on behalf of a developer I work with. Checking with him. 

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
142 15 24

Thanks for those extra screenshots @shopnqatime that helps greatly!

I note that the feedback_generated_at timestamp on the POST to the Product Resource Feedback API here is 2021_06_17 19:22:30 UTC and that the resource_updated_at timestamp is before that, at 2021-06-17 19:07:27 UTC.  

resource_updated_at  isn't a required field when POST'ing to the resource feedback API (docs)and I noted you developer had included that, so I would have them try just posting with just the feedback_generated_at  and the other two required field (state and messages), and let me know the result when you get a second!

If no further progress from there, was wondering if your app developer might like to try re-installing the app, and then checking if the feedback appears as expected? Re-registration of app scopes in this case has been known to unstick some merchants/partners on a similar issue.

I can work on this with the custodians of the resource feedback component if no further progress from there. Thanks!

0 Likes
shopnqatime
7 0 0

hey, 

1. resource_updated_at is required. When I leave it out of the request, I get a 422 error from Shopify's API (see first screenshot attached to this reply).
  2. According to Shopify docs https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/sales-channels/productresourcefeedback#create-2020..., they provide an example of a successful request with resource_updated_at before feedback_generated_at. Even when I set resource_updated_at equal to feedback_generated_at, I still do not see the product in the filtered list.
  3. I've already re-installed the app before and still observing the same issue.
0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
142 15 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @shopnqatime 

Thanks for the additional context - I've been doing some investigation in the meantime.  So, it seems trying the exact POST call below to /api/2021-04/products/{product_id}/resource_feedback.json 

{
  "resource_feedback": {
    "state": "requires_action",
    "messages": [
      "Needs at least one image."
    ],
    "resource_updated_at": "2021-06-17T15:07:27-04:00",
    "feedback_generated_at": "2021-06-17T19:22:29.065908Z"
  }
}

At this point,  like you folks, my response is 202 OK, yet I saw no feedback message shown in my sales channel on product page.  This is due to the timestamp being passed in the feedback_generated_at, it results in an outdated flag being applied to the POST which appears to be ignoring the feedback message when it's written. 

feedback_generated_at is the time the payload is constructed, and the value being used to determine whether incoming feedback is outdated or not.

If I pass in the time the payload is constructed into feedback_generated_at, then I am able to see my resource_feedback message like so :

22-13-q3fnc-vcq0o

Also, noted, the docs could use an update around this area, I'll be able to get that moving too. 

I would suggest trying that call, and let me know the results when you get a second  - thanks!

0 Likes