Accepts marketing field and contact form

Solved
2 0 0

We are using customers/create webhooks with the contact form here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/tags/theme-tags#contact

When customers are created through this form, the accepts_marketing field is set to true. However, in the customers/create webhook, the accepts_marketing field is false. If I make a request after the webhook, the accepts_marketing field returns true as expected. Is this behaviour intended?

I'm not sure whether this has any effect on the value of the field, but we have also always included this in our form:

<input type="hidden" id="contact_tags" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter,prospect" />

Additionally, is there any documentation around how the accepts_marketing field actually works with the contact form?

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
496 22 53

Hi @kelseyjudson,

There was a bug with customer/create webhooks triggered from customer creations through newsletter signups. This bug should now be fixed, so you should see those webhooks with the proper accepts_marketing value (true).

Signing up to a shop's newsletter will 1. create a customer with accepts_marketing as true for customer's without accounts associated with the email they are using to signup and 2. update the existing customer record associated with the email they are using to signup so that accepts_marketing is true.

I hope that helps clarify the behaviour!

Take care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Fantastic, thanks @Busfox!

0 Likes