Access Barcode Scanner in a POS SDK App

Shopify Partner
13 0 1

is there a way for a POS SDK App (in modal or full screen) to access/use the iPad Camera or Barcode scanner as a input source?

Shopify is ace
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 79 241

Hey Fred,

That's not presently something we provide access to for input.

Cheers.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Alex,

Could you please provide an update regarding the matter of allowing a custom embedded app to have access to the iPad Camera or Barcode Scanner ? Is it possible to gain programmatic access to it now ? I have not been able to find any reference in the documentation proving or disproving this matter.

Kind regards,

Cris

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Alex,

Could you please provide an update regarding the matter of allowing a custom embedded app to have access to the iPad Camera or Barcode Scanner ? Is it possible to gain programmatic access to it now ? I have not been able to find any reference in the documentation proving or disproving this matter.

Kind regards,

Cris

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

is there any update to having access to the barcode api, I would like to create an app that allows users to use barcode readers other than the ridiculously priced socket scanners.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 3 8

Using App Bridge, you can trigger barcode scanning in POS and Shopify Mobile using the Scanner Action

0 Likes