Access Scopes Error : [API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password)

baberuth22
Excursionist
16 0 3

I get the error when I try to hit the access scopes endpoint.   /admin/oauth/access_scopes.json

Since oauth is in the endpoint path, does it require a different token?   I am calling shop with the same code no issues.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.54.14 AM.png

0 Likes
baberuth22
Excursionist
16 0 3

Invalid API key or access token.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.54.36 AM.png

Access scopes is the most fundamental permission of all.   What permissions does my app have?   

This is urgent as I am incorporating the files API into my app and need to determine which users already have files permission.

0 Likes
awwdam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 10 5

Hey @baberuth22

Thanks for sending an update with a bit more info. I see that the error being returned here is a 401 Unauthorized error, which is generally related to authentication credentials. To confirm, this endpoint is meant to return a list of scopes associated with a specific access token, that was generated for your app and used to send authenticated requests to a specific store. As with all API requests, once authenticated your app will need to use the x-shopify-access-token header when sending an API request to a shops endpoint.

If this is not working as expected, would you be able to provide an example x-request-id header from a request that this error was also returned? - Cheers. 

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes