Accessing Liquid Theme via GraphQL/API?

1Q5u
Visitor
2 0 0

I got data that should be displayed and saved as a product for the client. However the data isn't really products, more like events. So I will add metafields so I can customize the data to my needs.

I will not know which Theme the user is currently using, so the plan is to make a custom page for those collections which display the products like events.
The issue is, that if I would just let them be displayed in any theme, the product fields would not get shown by the template.

Is there a way to modify templates via GraphQL or an API from my application (app/server)?

Is there another way to solve this?

Since all of the content has to be SEO ready, I can not rely on loading everything client side with Javascript from our API. (which would be really easy...)

Replies 2 (2)

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

You can do that through - https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/online-store/asset?api[version]=2020-07

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1Q5u
Visitor
2 0 0

Any idea if I can dynamically load in these assets with some JS or similar, since I can not add them via the asset_url() ?