Add Product - Images Not Always Downloaded By Shopify

dh-thetin
8 0 0

Hi all,

I've created a simple product import tool that uses the Admin API ProductCreate mutation to allow products to be uploaded to our store and is working fine.. however we're occasionally seeing that images aren't being downloaded by Shopify without any errors being returned from the mutation response. The rest of the product data is as expected.

Is there any way we can access further debug information from Shopify when a product is created to confirm whether or not the error is occurring our side or Shopifys? 

Any responses appreciated.

Thanks

Replies 4 (4)

Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
318 42 61

Hey @dh-thetin 

Can you provide us with an x-request-id from the response headers for one of the mutations that didn't work as expected? 

Kevin_A | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dh-thetin
8 0 0

Hi @Kevin_A 

Here's one that just failed with an image upload: 379dd1a2-6a8d-4c13-8b52-a3a876f4d4ba

Let me know if you require any further data.

Thanks

David

Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
318 42 61

Hey @dh-thetin 

It looks like the image upload is failing with an execution expired error. In this specific case the time to request was roughly 0.6 seconds over the maximum which results in the image being ignored during creation. I would suggest you consider smaller image files or using a different host for us to fetch the images. 

Kevin_A | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dh-thetin
8 0 0

Hi @Kevin_A 

Appreciate the response. Little disappointed that the fact there is a maximum length of time to download an image or the error itself both aren't documented anywhere or fed back to the user in some way.

Thanks anyway