Adding third-party calculated rates to my plan

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 3

Hope this is posting in the right place.  it looks like I can add in the API function into my regular shopify plan without having to go to the big $299/month plan.  I have a new agreement for shipping with Canada Post. Who do I contact to get pricing on this?  Can someone direct me please? Clicking on the support link takes me to the general site with no obvious contact.

"You must have the carrier-calculated shipping feature on your Shopify plan to connect your own shipping carrier accounts to Shopify. This feature is included in the Shopify Advanced and Shopify Plus plans, and can be added to any plan for a monthly fee. "

Thanks, Char

www.drmower.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Charp

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. You are in the right place to get help with this!

Here are other ways to add Carrier Calculated Shipping to your account:

I’m happy to help facilitate this for you. Let me know what you decide and we can proceed as needed. Alternatively, a live Guru can activate it for you as well, so feel free to contact our 24/7 support here for more immediate assistance.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 3

Hi Helen, It makes the most financial sense to change over to the annual billing for my basic shopify plan.  But just wanted to make sure that the carrier calculated shipping will automatically be added to this plan if I go annual?  thanks!  Char

@Helen wrote:

Hi, @Charp

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. You are in the right place to get help with this!

Here are other ways to add Carrier Calculated Shipping to your account:

I’m happy to help facilitate this for you. Let me know what you decide and we can proceed as needed. Alternatively, a live Guru can activate it for you as well, so feel free to contact our 24/7 support here for more immediate assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Sounds great, @Charp

Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) will not automatically be added to your account, therefore, I am sending you an email now. Once you’ve switched over to the annual plan following these steps, please reply to the email and I will be able to enable CCS on your account.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have just switched to an Annual Shopify Basic plan. I understand that by doing so it makes me eligible to add free CCS to my store. Can I please get help with making this happen? I would also really like to be able to display the Estimated Delivery Dates for my customers as well. I primarily use FedEx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hey, @Jim_Biehl

Welcome to the Community. For more immediate assistance with activating CCS on your account, please contact live support.  Otherwise I will also be sending you an email to initiate enabling this feature for you. Please keep an eye out for that.

Once CCS is activated on your account, you will be able to connect to your FedEx account directly in order to give your customers their shipping options and rates. If an estimated delivery date is available by Fedex, the estimated_delivery_date variable in your order notification emails will detect it and be included in the notification emails sent to your customers.

To take it one step further, and have an estimated delivery date displayed within your checkout, instead of just the estimated number of days, you can use the Fedex Rates Labels & Tracking app. This app displays live rates with the estimated delivery dates directly on the shipping page of your checkout for each rate available. 

Fedex Rates Labels & Tracking has a 15 day free trial, so this is a good opportunity to install it on your store to test it out. If you uninstall it before the 15 days is up, you won’t be charged for it. For any specific questions about the functionality or set up of this app, please reach out to the app developer directly. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Would using the Shippo App allow us to get the CCS on our account?

Or do we need to go annual billing or add the $20/ month plan?

Here is the Shippo app features. It doesn't say anything about CCS that I see:

https://apps.shopify.com/shippo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hey, @drone-world-tea

Great question! As far as I know the Shippo app doesn’t require you to connect through the Shopify shipping carrier API in order to be able to use it. However, if you wanted to use your own calculated rates via a business Fedex account for example, and thus use Shippo to print your shipping labels, then you would need to add CCS.

I highly recommend contacting Shippo directly to discuss any of their app’s features and requirements. They’ll surely be able to elaborate further on this. 

Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Helen,

Can you please help me with adding the third party calculated shipping? I am setting up accounts with FedEx and UPS and would like to use this feature. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hi, @Higher-Harvest. I’m happy to! Please watch for the email I am sending you in order to authorize the change on your account.

0 Likes