Admin API POST new product, Product Availability = available on "Yandas Music iOS App"

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 0

Hi - I'm wondering if it's possible to POST a new product via the ADMIN API, and have that product be available on my app's "sales channel" right away.

Right now, the new product being created is only available on "Online Store" and "Shopify POS".

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 179

Hello @Yandas_Music , 

At this time this is not possible, unfortunately. Sales channel apps are able to publish a product to their own channel with a separate API endpoint though - but there isn't a way that this can be done at the time of product creation that I am aware of.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 0

Bummer. Thanks for lettting me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I have the same requirement to assign the customized Sales channel while publishing our products.
I was wondering whether it is ready in this moment or not?
Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

There is a real lack of documentation on this, and answers would be hugely appreciated.

Right now, when I publish a new product via admin API, it is listed as available on 0 of 0 channels.  In the Shopify admin interface, I then click "manage sales channels", and see that all channels are properly checked, yet it still displays as available on 0 of 0 channels/apps.  

This is a Shopify Bug.

The only way I can see around this bug is to uncheck the sales channels, and then check them again.

All I want is what was available for years: publish product to shopify and see it is already published on the online store. Unfortunately, I don't see how to do this anymore.

Shopify devs/testers, any idea on how to deal with this?  It's a serious issue.

0 Likes