I have a store that uses Admin Graphql. Someone told us that this is not secure and recommends us not to do this.
I am really new to this API.
My questions are:
1. Where do i start? I read the documentation but nothing there show me where to put the code if not in my own theme file.
2. Using AWS EC2 - How do i connect this to my shopify api?
3. is this all possible using jquery?
Solved! Go to the solution
I am unsure what you mean by the GraphAP Admin API being not secure. With any API you would need to not expose your API key/password and any other secrets you have in the application. I suggest prior to creating your app you work through this toolkit to get comfortable with our GraphQL API: https://www.shopify.ca/partners/blog/shopify-graphql-learning-kit
1. You would need to utilize the GraphQL API in your app. The Admin API is not to be used on your storefront as you would be exposing your API Key / Password. Please start here with building an example app that will explain this indepth: https://developers.shopify.com/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react
2. You would 'connect' this through the app. If you create a private app you can interact with Shopify via the API
3. You can build your app in any language you want, often GraphQL is used with a client such as Apollo on a React or similar app. It is very hard to say without knowing what you are building etc.
Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
|an hour ago|
|3 hours ago|