Alternative to Multipass for seamless authentication from other website

aftpromisys
1 0 0
Hi all,
I'm working on the implementation of a Shopify store for one of my customers, which caracteristics should be as follows:
  • My client has already a large community of members/affiliates who can authenticate on their website through an affiliation number and password
  • The store shall be accessible to all (membres and non-members) as long as it is viewing only and until visitor adds some product to her cart
  • Members shall benefit of some advantages (preferential prices, dedicated products,...)
  • Non-membres can order either one-shot or by creating Shopify account, however they'll be invited to affiliate so they can benefit of advantages
  • Affiliates/Members, who have already afiliation number and password (allowing them to authenticate on main website), should be able to access to the Shopify store  (and be identified on it) seamlessly and without needing to re-encode user/pwd or create a new account. The idea to:
    • Place a button "Access to Store" on maine website :
      • If member is already authenticated on main website --> automatic authentication On Shopify Store
      • If anonymous on main website:
        • Login form --> authentication on main website and redirection towards Shopify store with automatic authentication
        • Non-member? --> Access to the store as a non-member --> redirection towards Shopify store where visitor can authenticate with Shopify account or create a new account
    • On Shopify store, when anonymous visitor attenpts to add product to cart:
      • Redirection specific page on main website:
        • Member? Enter your affiliation and password -->  authentication on main website and redirection towards Shopify store with automatic authentication
        • Non-member? --> Access to the store as a non-member --> redirection towards Shopify store where visitor can authenticate with Shopify account or create a new account

Seems the MultiPass feature would have been perfect for this but unfortunately it is reserved to "Shopify PLUS" Merchants, which cost is presently too high for my customer who has currently no interset in other features of this plan.

Would you have any recommendation or workaround tip to achieve the above without MultiPass.

Thks a lot for your help

0 Likes