Any way to add javascript to checkout page?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 2

Hello shopify people!

I am new in developing apps for this platform. Is there any way to add js in the checkout page (not cart)?
Without being a Shopify Plus merchant.
Adding js into google analytics is not an option (and it felt hacky either way).
I mean if I am adding custom attributes to a cart, is there a way to display them in checkout?

Thank you in advance!
Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @alexandros!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

There isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout unless you are on the Shopify plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take ages! It’d also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style, such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure. If you were working with a Plus merchant, they will be able to add Plus dev stores under their account but that would be the only workaround at the moment.

I hope that helps but feel free to reach out if you have any more questions! 

All the best,

Lulu 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 2 2

Hello @Lulu , thank you for such a quick response.

I can understand why checkout customization is a bit restricted.
Oh, well I will come up with another idea for an app :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We need to check for Apartment Numbers within the Address field.

Reassigning the second Adress field is not an option.

Is it possible to check for Numbers in the Address field on checkout and display a warning.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hello,

I searched through help, pages, and online, and I found the solution app that lets me put trust badges on the Shopify checkout page with Checkify: https://checkify.pro/. Maybe it will help your case

Thank you.

0 Likes