App Flagged for Reducing Lighthouse Performance Score

Solved
Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
87 0 19

Hi All,

Just got an email from the Shopify Apps Team that I'm trying to understand, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The email states:

Action Required: Your app has been flagged as reducing Lighthouse performance scores by more than 10%. Improve your app(s)’ performance by March 2nd, 9am EST.

Has anyone gotten one of these?

My app doesn't interact with the store front, so I'm guessing it's referring to the app's performance itself and not the storefront. But how would that be tested with Lighthouse since Lighthouse is reporting the performance of the Shopify Admin console, and not just the embedded app itself. In other words, some of the issues seem to be within the Shopify Admin and not the app.

One example is the "maximum-scale". My app does specify "5" but the Shopify Admin console source specifies "user-scalable=no" which isn't in my app, but it's being reported. I'm very confused at the moment.

I'm trying to understand the actual issue and how best to go about addressing it, so any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks!
Kris

_JCC_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 16 21

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kris_Doyle ,

I spoke with some colleagues and believe this issue to be resolved. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
John

John C | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Kris_Doyle
Shopify Partner
87 0 19

Hey @_JCC_ ,

Yes, my apologies, I should have updated this post to say as much.

Thanks again for the support, truly appreciated

Kris

0 Likes