App Proxy serving wrong content

Corknine
Shopify Partner
60 1 16

Recently I have had a few reports from customer that a page we inject into an app proxy is displaying different content from what we are returning to Shopify.

Apparently, it goes away after a few minutes with a reload and is not replicable after that time.  Basically the proxy is serving content for a completely different set of url params then are in the actually url.  My best guess is that Shopify is caching content from our response and using a cached response to display the content instead of a new response.  However this is just a guess.  Is there anything I can do to check this or prevent this or anyway I can get some information from Shopify on making sure that the app proxy serves up fresh content?

This has started happening recently with no changes to our app.

0 Likes
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 105 103

Hi @Corknine 

Can you provide some specific examples that could be used for troubleshooting? Video of this happening, requests sent, etc. 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Corknine
Shopify Partner
60 1 16

I am not able to provide an example or video as we cannot replicate it, and on any url that is sent it goes back to working after a few minutes/hours.

I have received notifications from multiple users that this is happening and started last week.  In some cases it is even displaying content from a different store.  We have audited our responses and are sure that our app server returned the correct content but different content was displayed.

0 Likes