App not receiving webhooksor fulfillment requests on production server

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi,

I've been working on an app on my dev environment and it's close enough to test on a live server.  The problem is, Shopify is not sending any webhooks.  I can edit my fulfillment service with a catch-all service like pipe dream, and it picks up the webhooks.  When I switch it back to my live server, there's nothing.  I check the server logs and it never even hits the server.

The server is hosted on Amazon.

The only thing I can think is that Shopify has some issue with Amazon servers, or the DNS is wacked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

So I created three brand new servers and installed a web app to catch web requests.  They were hosted on Digital Ocean, Vultr and Amazon.  I then changed the fulfillment_service callback url to hit these servers, made a fulfillment request for each server from Shopify Admin and each time they received the webhook. Each server was a subdomain of my main server/'s domain.

I then went back to my server where the app is hosted, again changed the fulfillment_service callback url to mydomain.com, so it would hit mydomain.com/fulfillment_order_notification and still nothing.  This new url that I set up is wide open, except for a middleware that logs requests.  I can tail that log and see requests coming in when I hit it, but nothing happens from Shopify.

So is my domain blacklisted on shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

That was a waste of like 2 days!  

The issue was something to do with my SSL cert - I deleted and reinstalled and now it works!

0 Likes