App rejected

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
hi,
I have submitted an app on the Shopify but its rejected,
I need assistance about rejection points. 

1. Detailed instructions on how to install and set up your app must be included within your app’s user interface. The ability for merchants to make any required changes for your app to function must be available after installation. 

in our case its pretty straight forward, we just get fulfillment from Shopify and after the process, we mark as fulfilled and set tracking against it on Shopify that it, we don't want or require to give any functionality/ability to the merchants. so I want your assistance in it.

2. The app must have an app user interface with functionality that merchants can interact with when redirected after OAuth. Currently, there is no functionality I can interact within your app's user interface unless I login to the client portal. Please see this screenshot for additional details 

At this point, I need to clarification. in my understanding that how to interact if anyone how is not our merchants or client.

so for this point requires, if he is not our client then in app user interface shows steps on how to become a client.

I think this is also similar to this. is it?

3. Upon installing the app, I am being redirected to a non-embedded version. When accessing the app from the installed apps list, the app is redirecting to the embedded version. This occurs when an initial OAuth request redirect fails to escape the iframe. Refer to our Shopify App Bridge documentation. Please see this screen recording for additional details.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 24 10

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Agha 

Would you be able to send couple screenshots of your app? 

we don't want or require to give any functionality/ability to the merchants

It would be better to have a landing page explaining what this app does so that it is less confused to merchants (in case they forget after installing the app for a while). 

At this point, I need to clarification. in my understanding that how to interact if anyone how is not our merchants or client.

This 2nd point is kind of related to the 1st point above. A simple landing page would help.

Upon installing the app, I am being redirected to a non-embedded version. When accessing the app from the installed apps list, the app is redirecting to the embedded version

As I understand, your app mainly uses Admin API. It doesn't use any App Bridge functionalities as other normal embedded apps which usually require some kind of interaction with the merchants. In this case, if you want your app to be redirected properly as an embedded app, you should initialize App Bridge. Follow instruction here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/embedded-apps/app-bridge/initialization

Let me know if my answer makes sense. 

Thanks, 

Henry

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi @Henry_Tao 

I followed app bridge instructions mentioned in the url you provided 

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/embedded-apps/app-bridge/initialization

But I am not seeing any changes. My app is still loading a non embedded version.

Will it be visible in development store? or it's just for production stores.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 24 10

Hi @Souravv 

You might not have embedded app enabled in partner dashboard. You can here and enable it https://partners.shopify.com/YOUR_PARTNER_ID/apps/YOUR_APP/manage_extensions/shopify_admin/embedded_...

Let me know if that works for you. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

I have enabled that as well.

My app is build on Node js with Express, does that matter? I mean App bridge will still work right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 24 10

Hi @Souravv 

May I have your appId? You can also DM me in partner slack workspace http://shopifypartners.slack.com/. I can assist you there. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Thanks @Henry_Tao 

I will DM you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi @Henry_Tao 

Here's my partner id and app id

Partner Id: 1556104

App Id: 3826313

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 24 10

Discussed offline and problem solved. Summary: /shopify/callback page needs App Bridge in order to redirect back to Shopify Admin.

1 Like