App review URL

Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hi guys,

I know this is not strictly an API question....but is there a way to get a shareable App review URL that can be shared with app customers? Understand that they'll need to be probably logged into their store to leave the review.

Many thanks

Adam

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

Hey there,

The closest you can get is a link of this type - https://apps.shopify.com/visely/reviews

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hey Segiu,

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen in some other apps that they have a button in their app to encourage reviews from their customers.

Do you know if this is an allowable practice by the Apps team? Am assuming so because other apps are doing it, but don't want to do the work to subsequently find out we're being bad actors.

Thanks

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

That’s a tough topic and there are rules in place, more information here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/app-store/being-successful-in-the-app-store/managing-app-reviews. I think there are a lot of apps playing against these rules and you can tell that by looking at the 5 stars reviews people leave, like “I have not used the app for enough time but leaving a review to complete the onboarding”, so there are apps providing a sort of progress/achievement bar within the app. It’s hard for Shopify to monitor all these reviews manually, and I doubt there is an automatic mechanism to filter out obvious fake reviews. There is a long way for the community to make sure app store is free of fake/bribed reviews. I encourage you to not add something like this to your app and play a fair game, but it’s tough :)

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

Really? No, we weren't thinking of something like this. That's just not cricket!

No, something like a button in the app that says 'Review us on Shopify' or something like that. Not connected to any benefits for the user and not any preloaded or leading bias.

Thanks for sharing the link as well Sergiu.

Best regards,

Adam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 5

Hey Sergiu,

From reading the review guidelines, I'd say that this following review request is non-compliant right?.

This is an app that asks for reviews inside their app.

So unless someone else says otherwise, we're going to assume for ourselvs that it's ok to ask for a review in the app, but it has to follow the Shopify app review guidelines....not like the example below.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

Yep!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Add an extended product description as this is the way you convince someone to shop link for in your website. Plus it helps with search engine optimization and ranking in natural seek

0 Likes