App review question

Highlighted
20 0 0

Hello,

I submitted an app and the latest review came back with general questions about our business, but no concerns about the functionality. Still, the app was rejected. Because we have about 100 merchants waiting on the app to be available, I wanted to know if there was a reason we couldn't begin the engagement process with QA rather than having to resubmit the app to answer those business questions? I completely understand the reasons for those questions, but I thought that wouldn't cause an outright rejection. The increased time it takes to get the review done means the waiting period is quite long and I'd like to know if there is a way to engage the QA rather than having to resubmit. We followed the app guidelines and those weren't the reason for rejection. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 38

Hi, @sherw.

I completely understand the stress of time involved in having your app rejected and needing to then reapply. Generally, if your app was rejected, you will need to reapply with the timeline given with your feedback. However, I have sent you an email directly to get you authenticated so we can check over your particular case. I look forward to hearing from you!

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Thank you! I responded to your email

0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Hi @Freddie,

I just wanted to confirm you received my response. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 38

Hi, @sherw!

I have confirmed that our Apps team is unable to review apps unless they are formally submitted to be reviewed. In order to get a review for your app you have to submit. We aren’t able to skip reviews or fast forward your place in line, as our team works on a first in first out basis to help all the developers who are submitting apps. You can find full information on our app review process, right here.

Apologies that we are unable to make exceptions for certain scenarios, but I hope this information is helpful. I have provided this information to you via email as well, and if you have any further questions, just let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
20 0 0

Hi @Freddie,

Just replied to your email as well. I just wanted to confirm my app has already been submitted again. My concern was about the previous rejection, which was mostly related to business questions and not the app checklist. In my resubmission, I did address those business questions, but I am worried because the timeline to have another review is weeks and that delays the 100+ Shopify merchants that are waiting on its approval. I thought I would be able to engage QA at least if it's now just questions about the business and not app functionality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
30 0 14

If you send the customers the private app URL (with their shopname) you can install an unlisted app.

1 Like
Highlighted
20 0 0

Hi @BGilbert,

Thank you for that info! One question - with just the URL, they are able to take advantage of the app? Does it install the app in their store and would it work on an ongoing basis (we have webhooks syncing data)? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
30 0 14

Yes all the features should work the same as far as I know. It just warns them that it's an unlisted app when they install it.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 38

Hi, @sherw.

Yes, as @BGilbert has mentioned here, you could invite your merchants to privately use your app without it being listed in the Apps store. This would be a great workaround for the time being to relieve the pressure of having your clients wait on your app longer than initially expected. You can find full information on using Private Apps right here.

0 Likes