Apple Pay Integration

Sarath
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Team,

We are trying to integrate Apple Pay to our store. For that purpose, we want to add the merchant domain association file on our store.

However, we found that there is already some file hosted in this location https://olana-dev.caastle.com/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association.

Is there a way we can replace this file with our own file?

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10035 119 1871

Apple pay is already available via a few different gateways, including Shopify Payments. Why not use what exists?

As for that file - no, you can't replace that with your own.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
JackAnthony
1 0 0

Good Evening,

Can you please assist. I am struggling enabling apple payments to work on my site. they seem to work in test mode but not when its live?

Can you please assist? I dont get any errors, only when I try to check out using apple pay I just get an exclamation error icon on my phone..

Thank you 

0 Likes
Marc_Schroth
Tourist
10 0 2

Apple pay is already available via a few different gateways, including Shopify Payments. Why not use what exists?

Some stores may be selling subscriptions, which do not go through Shopify's checkout and have a custom-built checkout page. In those cases they need to implement support for Apple Pay themselves. 

I'm currently trying to solve this exact problem. Shopify can't upload the file to where Apple wants it, and Apple won't allow any other verification method. I'm trying to work with both sides to figure out something that can be done. Will update this post if anything comes of it.

ashleylauren
2 0 0

Hi! did you get an answer to this? We're struggling with this as well, needing to connect applepay through recharge app on shopify -- not just shopify

0 Likes
Marc_Schroth
Tourist
10 0 2

Unfortunately we weren't able to resolve our problem. It's either the built-in Shopify support for Apple Pay or nothing, it seems like

0 Likes