Apple Pay goes to Abandoned checkouts

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm using Mobile Buy SDK and their (great) sample iOS app. I've created Merchant ID on the Apple Dev Center, created sandbox user, enabled Apple Pay for my private app and uploaded correct certificate (yes, CSR file I used for cert generation was the one from Shopify). Now when I try to test Apple Pay everything goes well from iOS SDK side and I do get success inside completeCheckout() function but when I go to my Shopify admin console I see that the order was placed under Abandoned checkouts.

It says following: "Unable to process a payment for $xx.xx USD on the card ending in ••• via Apple Pay. ".

I tried with test credit card numbers that both Shopify and Apple provide but every time same thing. Bogus Gateway is enabled, I'm not sure if that is the problem?

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here?

Best,

Josip

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
493 98 88

Hi @JBernat 

I don't believe the test credentials will function for Apple Pay. Can you attempt a real transaction of low monetary value and refund after the test?

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @vix, thank you for your reply. That's exactly what I did in the end. 

I switched back to production store, finished Apple Pay setup and made transaction. 

What I don't like about Apple Pay in this story is that in test (debug) environment when I make a purchase with Apple Pay test credit card, on iOS client side I receive success response from the API and I show to the user message that says how everything went well. But in reality transaction fails and user never gets notified about this. 

I hope that similar cases won't happen in real life.

0 Likes