Aren't there any official Shopify Dev IRC / Slack / Discord servers or channels out there?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 3 7

Or even any unofficial, but fairly well frequented chat-rooms, would be fine with me. I haven't been able to find one.

It's kinda lame being the only Shopify dev that I know of for tens of miles, with nobody to have a real conversation with about ideas, issues, and all-around Shopify revelry; but mostly problem solving ... for whatever odd reason <whisper> no, not whatever odd reason; the documentation ... whhhoooof ...seriously, how? I wish they had modeled them after the Ruby/RoR docs; but this? Ehhh ... it's like a rabid monkey ate some LSD and caught fire ... </whisper>.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the forums ... but they're ... f-f-f-forum ... *picks it up like a dirty rag & sets it aside*

ya know?

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370

This is an accepted solution.

There you go - Shopify Partners Slack Community - shopifypartners.slack.com

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 3 7

Oh what?! Really?
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

btw: where/how did you find that? I've searched everywhere ... well, obviously not everywhere; but I thought I had.

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 211 370
Can’t recall :), I believe I ran into it at Unite 2019 this Spring.
Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 3 7

Hey, so I tried signing up for this, and it apparently is invite only - any ideas as to whom I might contact to get an invite? It said to contact the workspace admin ... but that's about all the information it has.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 3 7

This is the actual message. Looks like you have to have an email address with one of these domains to be allowed to join:

"""

Don't have an [at]shopify.com,[at]honestfox.com.au,[at]moustacherepublic.com,[at]lambagency.com.au,[at]discolabs.com,[at]smbconsultants.com.au,[at]blackbeltcommerce.com,[at]76cretivestudio.com,[at]76creativestudio.com,[at]roartheme.com,[at]reloadmedia.com.au,[at]bka.co.nz,[at]webignite.com.au,[at]acidgreen.com.au, [at]mindarc.com.au,[at]dotdev.com.au,[at]wearedigital.com.au,[at]mwebsolutions.com.au,[at]okendo.io,[at]zeekstudios.com.au,[at]leafcutter.com.au,[at]firebrand.co.nz,[at]generalstudios.com,[at]firebrand.nz,[at]theinstillery.com,[at]pivotalagency.com.au,[at]ebpearls.com.au,[at]wearegoose.co.nz,[at]revium.com.au,[at]fourthmedia.co.nz,[at]cleargo.com,[at]tm5150.com,[at]theworkingparty.com.au,[at]docon.com.au,[at]sendle.com,[at]smartosc.com,[at]overdose.digital,[at]taskhusky.com,[at]jarrellsystems.com,[at]adquadrant.com,[at]ns8.com,[at]bvaccel.com,[at]americaneagle.com,[at]fortco.tech, or[at]upshift.co.nz email address? 
Contact your Workspace Administrator for an invitation.

"""

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

There's also shopifyappdevelopers.slack.com channel as well. Send me a DM with the email address you want to use and I'll see if I can invite you (think I can).

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
714 106 265

This is an accepted solution.

@PhobosTech  Got your DM and have sent you the invite.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

@JonWright can you invite me too to the the Slack group for Shopify Devs?

Kubric
Helping Brands convert customers with GIF's, Memes & Short Videos
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, @JonWright  !

Can you please send me invite to slack developers and partners chanel?

0 Likes