Article with template_suffix

Remy-TL
2 0 0

Hello community!

I'm trying to use the "template_suffix" property of the article to create an article based on some custom template of mine, but it seems Shopify totally ignores the "template_suffix" property even though it's successfully saved (if I list my article I'll get the proper "template_suffix" with the correct value).

I even tried to create my custom template by click on "Add a new template" right below the Templates directory, but no luck, it didn't work as well.

Let's say, I have the "article.alternate.liquid" file inside of Templates directory and I set "template_suffix": "article.alternate" (and it doesn't work)

When I access the web panel for the Article, the default Template is selected: "article" (and it should be "article.alternate").

Even if I try to make PUT request to update the "template_suffix" it still doesn't work (it saves according to the API but on web panel the default one is selected).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Remy

0 Likes
Remy-TL
2 0 0

Hey, just in case anyone goes through this.

if you have a "article.alternate.liquid" template file, you should pass the value "alternate" in "template_suffix" property.

it worked!

0 Likes