Automate changes for Merchant to an App's Settings

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi - I'm new to Shopify dev but not to dev. There's an app my client is using that's close to perfect but not perfect for them. It has settings related to date that need to be manually changed at specific times. I'd like to automate that.

Is there a way to automate app settings changes according to a schedule? Can this be done via API or Shopify scripting?

I've contacted the developer to ask the same question, but they're time shifted and it's a free app so don't want to put all my eggs in that basket. Would greatly appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 125 132

Hey @daveken,

Can you provide an example of a setting that needs to change?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Scotty - Sure. Here's my real world example, using Mageworx's Delivery Date & Time Suite (https://appstore.mageworx.com/docs/deliverydate/).

Their app has most of what I want, but I'd like more configuration of delivery date options and time cutoff. Here's what I'm trying to do:

Delivery date options are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of the current week. Only that calendar week, so for example on Sunday all 3 days are an option but on Friday only Sunday would be an option (not the following Tues or Thurs).
  • Tuesday delivery disables on Sunday at 9:00pm
  • Thursday delivery disables on Tuesday at 9:00pm
  • Saturday delivery disables on Thursday at 9:00pm - Last order for the week

I can create those options right now, but only by manually changing two app settings: "processing order period" and "maximum delivery dates."  Like on Tuesday at 9:00 p.m. I'd change max delivery dates from 2 to 1, and "processing order period" from 1 to 2. Idea being to create my own delivery date cutoffs in this manner.

I messaged with the developer, who's very responsive, but they've said "it's impossible to automate this process with scripts or server requests."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
948 125 132

Thanks for the run down! Unfortunately not - In this case, the app would need its own API for you to interact with.

0 Likes