Automated product feed

Highlighted
5 0 0

I've been looking everywhere for this answer and I can't find it anywhere.  

I have affiliates from CJ/Rakuten and I'm trying to figure out a way to use their API to build a dynamic product feed so I don't have to manage inventory levels and pricing manually.  

Does this exist?  Is there an app?  Do I need a developer to build this functionality?  

Thanks so much for the help, I'm really struggling with this.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Hey Michael.

Are you saying you want CJ/Rakuten to dictate the inventory so that's automated on your shop? This is accomplished by apps using the Fulfillment Service endpoint. I'm pretty sure we already have a Rakuten implementation last time I checked.

If the second part of your question is how to acquire said product feed from them, I won't be able to help there unfortunately. Maybe a question better suited for them? I guess what you're after is a middleman API client who pulls a product catalog from CJ/Rakuten, and uses that data to enforce stock to Shopify via our API. 

Hopefully I've helped fill in one piece of the puzzle.

Cheers.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 179

Hello Michael, 

In addtion to the above, you might also want to look into our app store - it appears that there are quite a few apps that already exist for Rakuten integrations. This would be an easier way to go if you're not interested in building something on your own. 

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

So I signed up for Rakuten's Affiliate network and was approved by a vendor and was given an "Web Services Token" for Advertiser Search, Coupon, Link Locator, and Product Search API requests.

I modified the storefront through a theme so when an Affiliate product is tagged, it removes the ADD TO CART and includes a button that says "SHOP PARTNER".  What I'm trying to do is find an app or platform that will automatically build and manage my product list from this "VENDOR" and keep my store updated when pricing and inventory changes are made through the API.  This vendor has THOUSANDS of products and building them all in the store manually is a huge challenge to say the least.  

Does that make more sense?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
11 1 22

Hello Michael,

You can integrate your account with Rakuten by two methods - FTP process and API process.  API process is much easier than FTP process. 

So, without taking any kind of trouble, I recommend you to use any third party integration provider who will setup your Shopify store with Rakuten. Through any integration app , you can manage price and inventory easily.  By the concept of near real time synchronisation, your price and inventory will be automatically synced with Rakuten marketplace. There is no manual work. 

When you use any third party marketplace app, the app directly list your products from Shopify store to Rakuten as well fetch your orders from Marketplace to Shopify , from there you can fulfill the order and it will get synced with marketplace.

CedCommerce team has just launched the integration app for Rakuten. You can check there and take an updates. They help you from the beginning.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 1 1
0 Likes