Barcode scanner API

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm building a web-app and I want to implement the shopify Barcode scanner into my app in order to make the customer scan their items to get their data, so where it the php, python or JavaScript documentation for this kind of API

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4259 32 432

Barcode scanning is part of your phone API. So you start with that. Shopify has no real interest in providing you code to manage scanning since that would imply they support a bazillion Android and iOS things related to the phone camera. If you can wire up bar code scanning in your phone and get the scanned data in your code, THEN you can easily hook up to Shopify API codes to work with inventory, or any other applications where barcode scanning might be useful. Right?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 3
Need Urgent Help from people who do FBA and Retail Using Shopify

so our products have xxx barcode printed on our products, but in shopify we have yyy as a barcode , so i want to ensure when on pos we scan xxx the yyy product pops up, so storing 2 barcodes on this product is the only solution I can think of but Shopify doesn't let you do that. the reason is we have amazon fnsku printed on our products and that is alphanumeric and for gmc purposes, we can not put alphanumeric barcodes in Shopify( gmc throws an error ) SO Shopify has a numeric barcode stored , so now on Shopify pos we will be scanning fnsku but it will say product not found coz the product has a numeric barcode in Shopify pos . so using this bridge api is there a way to add or make an app that will search in a custom field also for another field , currently i think when you scan shopify only searches barcode field so can a app be made where in it seraches barcode or another custom field or tag ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4259 32 432

Is this the old Shopify stores a Barcode/UPC code but Amazon only works with their special ASIN number and so you're running into difficulty because for FBA you need to bridge ASIN to Barcode/UPC?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 3
Can we talk on skype or can you call me , so i can explain skype is
anrick91 usa no is 502 303 4518

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for your email, when will you available for the call?
Best regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 3
can you skype me at anrick91 or wats app me +1 502 303 4518
rahul
0 Likes